At IS IT A BIRD we respect personal data. Here is a quick overview of the personal data we store as a part of running IS IT A BIRD, and how we handle it.
We want to be sure that you can use our website in the best possible way and as personally as possible. Therefore, we can use statistics services such as Google Analytics to see how you use our site. Of course, we have security agreements with these companies, so IP addresses are anonymized. Cookies are used for Analytics and Performance.
IIAB NEWSLETTER AND EVENTS
We do automated marketing through our mailing list IIAB Newsletter. It is our way to reach people who are interested in our approach, what we do and who we are. As a member of this list you will receive no more than a single newsletter a month (right now we only send out 4 a year) and invitations for 6 events a year. The list is hosted by Mailchimp and is fully GDPR compliant and you can unsubscribe at any point.
CLIENT AND CONTACTS
If you do business with IS IT A BIRD (as a supplier or customer) we need to store your contact information for the duration of the project (and some time after as required by the laws of accounting). This information is needed for things like billing and to be able to contact you later on matters relating to the project. We will not send you marketing based on this information. We are in the process of updating our project management system to inform contacts when we store their data; and automatically delete the information when a period of time have passed since the project was concluded.
Here we specify why we want your data, and what we are going to do with it.
We are obliged to inform you of the following:
- Name of our organisation
- Why we want your data
- What we will do with it
- That you can withdraw your consent at any time, and
- Any third parties who will receive your data
First of all, protecting personal data is essential to us, and we want to be as transparent and open as possible about the use of your data. This policy has been created to ensure transparency in our practices and principles as well as to inform you of your personal rights.
Who we are and how to contact us
“We” are IS IT A BIRD ApS, Company reg. no.: 37837547, Trekronergade 149C, 2500 Valby, Denmark.
You can always reach us at:
Tel: +45 71997727
What information is collected about you
When you upload information in our recruitment system (SmartRecruiters), we collect the following information:
- Non-sensitive personal data, i.e. name, position, contact details, educational and professional background and any other personal data which you as an applicant provide, including references.
- Sensitive personal data from references regarding personal performance.
- We might collect personal data about criminal offenses, including your criminal record if this is deemed relevant for a position you are being offered.
- Publicly available information, including publicly available information on social media, if relevant.
For which purposes the data are collected
The data are processed only in relation to our HR recruitment process for job applicants.
Processing of the personal data that you upload in our HR recruitment system is based on your consent, cf. GDPR article 6(1)(a).
During the recruitment process, processing of your personal data is also based on our legitimate interest, cf. GDPR, article 6(1)(f), where it is necessary for IS IT A BIRD to process data to recruit applicants to open positions at IS IT A BIRD.
We process personal data collected from references, provided that you have given your specific consent, cf. GDPR article 6(1)(a).
We process personal data on criminal records if it is necessary to ensure that the applicant is suited for the position in IS IT A BIRD, cf. GDPR, Article 10, and the Danish Data Protection Act section 8(3).
How and for how long we process the collected data
When you apply for a position in IS IT A BIRD, we are responsible for taking care of your personal data as a data controller, which basically means that we determine the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
We store your data for a period of twelve months after the date on which your application was rejected.
If you as an applicant is employed by IS IT A BIRD, the processing of personal data will continue as part of the employment relationship.
Security of processing
Data security is a high priority for us. We work seriously and professionally with information security, and we base our work on internationally recognised security standards. We have implemented security measures to ensure data protection of customer data, personal data and other confidential data. We conduct regular internal follow-ups in relation to the adequacy and compliance of policies and measures.
We occasionally use other third parties, such as subcontractors, in connection with provision of our services. Such third parties may be granted access to personal data in order for them to be able to provide the agreed service. If such third parties process personal data and therefore become data processors, IS IT A BIRD enters into data processing agreements in order to ensure that security is in place to protect data and comply with our data protection obligations. Our HR system (SmartRecruiters) is delivered by SmartRecruiters Ltd, and as such SmartRecruiters Ltd hosts data and acts as a data processor on behalf of IS IT A BIRD or one of our consolidated companies.
All IS IT A BIRD’s data processors are located within the EU or the UK. IS IT A BIRD’s data processing agreements ensure that all processing takes place in accordance with IS IT A BIRD’s instructions and is subject to the necessary security requirements.
We do not disclose any personal data to other third parties unless we are under a legal obligation to do so.
Know your rights
As a data subject, you have certain rights regarding your personal data.
- You have the right to gain access to the personal data that we process.
- You have the right to have incorrect personal data about you rectified without undue delay.
- You have the right to have your personal data erased earlier than the expiry of our standard retention period of twelve months, where appropriate.
- You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data, where appropriate. In such cases, we may only process your data with your consent or in some very specific situations as prescribed by law.
- You have the right to object to personal data processing if our processing is based on Article 6(1)(f). In such cases, we may only process your personal data if we are able to demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for doing so.
- You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format (“The right to data portability”). You may also request that we transmit your personal data to another data controller without hindrance.
For further information about your rights as a data subject, please refer to the Danish Data Protection Agency’s website (www.datatilsynet.dk), where you will find further guidelines.
When we process personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please contact us to withdraw consent for our processing of your personal data.
How we handle changes to this policy
We acknowledge that transparency is an ongoing responsibility. Therefore, we will continually review and update this policy in order to ensure our compliance with applicable personal data law from time to time.
The data protection policy was updated in October 2021.
If you wish to complain about our processing of personal data, please send an email with the details of your complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will handle your complaint and get back to you as soon as possible
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about your rights and IS IT A BIRD’s processing of your personal data to the Danish Data Protection Agency. For further information on how to lodge a complaint to the Danish Data Protection Agency, please consult their website: www.datatilsynet.dk.
The applicable statutory rules for IS IT A BIRD’s processing of your personal data may be found in:
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Danish Data Protection Act
IS IT A BIRD Aps